Job Opening – April 2017
Job Title: Preschool Teacher
Compensation: $13 – $18 Hourly
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Dental, 401K
Employment Type: Full-Time
Palm Academy is seeking for a few fantastic candidates for our learning center. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate about making a difference. We want teachers that are hands-on and loves working with children. We have a fun and rewarding work environment which includes a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Work collaboratively with family members, Teachers and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, in accordance to childcare licensing requirements.
- Provide classroom experiences that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate for the children served.
- Ensure classroom arrangement, materials and displays are organized and conducive to children’s learning.
- Document children’s progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities; use that data to plan and individualize curriculum.
- Collaborate with Family Services staff to support families as they implement sound family life practices, extend learning into the home, and meet attendance expectations.
- Minimum of 24 semester units of Early Childhood Education
- Minimum of 2 years classroom experience teaching young children
- 3-semester unit course in Infant Care and Development a plus
- Site supervisory permit a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Follows direction well and works cooperatively with co-workers
Palm Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/H/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law..
PALM ACADEMY, www.palmacademy.com, located at 2856 Washington Boulevard, Fremont, CA 94539
About Palm Academy: Since 2006, Palm Academy has been working with the families in the Fremont community to bring up healthy, happy children. Our childcare professionals are passionate about maintaining the highest standards of education and care so that each child, from 6 weeks to 18 years, is given the best possible opportunity for success. Our daycare programs are designed to include every member of your family so that you only have one stop you need to make for all of your childcare needs. We care about helping you save time and money while also helping your children grow into the adults you want them to be. Contact us today to learn more!